I have updated the site to be responsive and fluid. Desktop changes will be very subtle - but if you browse the site on a mobile device you should have a more optimised experience with the site adapting based on your available width.
If you find any issues please let me know, either via comments in this article or using the Contact Me page. Please provide details such as mobile device model, operating system and browser, as well detailing the issue too.
I have added some new translation templates to the FB Alpha page. Thanks to the contributors as usual (each file is credited individually). It still amazes me the translators are still around. Thanks guys.
I have also added two new galleries (in-game and title screenshots) to the page. These galleries allow filtering and use the packs from emu-france. The credits for these are listed on the left-hand side of the gallery pages.
Time for a new FB Alpha release. Get it on the FB Alpha page.
This one sees the addition of a new team member. We welcome dink to the team who has done a lot of excellent work on save state and general bug fixes. He has also improved iq_132s old Kaneko Super Nova driver which is now enabled in release builds with more games supported. He has also added vbt's Choplifer driver to the Sega System 1 driver.
A little warning for self-compilers and port maintainers. Later versions of GCC subtly mis-compile the M68000 core. An example is heads missing from the zombies in Altered Beast (and the zombies not clearing from the screen when you kill them). This has been around for a while and a fix still eludes us. It also seems to affect older versions of MAME compiled with newer GCC compilers in the same way. The release builds posted here are compiled with MSVC and are not affected.
A quick mention goes to Romhack too, who is doing excellent work porting FB Alpha to the QT framework. We wish him look and are excited by his progress.
There is all the usual goodness from the rest of us too. Even the Neo Geo macro buttons work again!
Click more for the full list of new things (most are listed, but it's not completely exhaustive).
I've updated the site software a bit to avoid the deprecated MySQL interface. I also created a new development server for me to make changes more easily in future.
I'm now planning on quickly knocking up a bug tracker for FB Alpha, and once complete I plan to roll-up a new FB Alpha to go with it. Stay tuned!
This guide will allow you to setup HTTPS filtering using Diladele Web Filter on FreeBSD 9.2. Parts of this may need updating for newer versions, but it gives a good overall starting point.
This guide is partly based on the following two guides;
Click more for the full article.
It seems that FIFA 13 doesn't work with Windows 8.1. It also seems that EA don't care, responding ad verbatim that Windows 8 isn't officially supported for FIFA 13 (which is pretty poor customer service however you look at it). Checking on the web, the only solutions I have seen involve using cracks.
After firing up Process Explorer I found that the game is dying after it uses the Windows Error Reporting Service. Simply disabling this service is enough to prevent the crash and the game runs without issue.
As with all FIFA games, you may want to run it using Windows 7 Compataibility Mode to improve performance too.
If you need step-by-step instructions to disable the service, follow this process;